This will be a rather short post because I am following my own advice (https://cathagoessustainable.wordpress.com/2020/02/13/taking-a-break/) and taking some reflection time this week. Corona is interfering a bit with my study schedule, so I need to contemplate this in the next days.
You can take the time which you spend less on reading my post this week in order to decide on habits you want to change (https://cathagoessustainable.wordpress.com/2020/03/19/changing-habits/) or think about ways to transform this crisis into an opportunity for the global society and environment (https://cathagoessustainable.wordpress.com/2020/03/05/a-comment-on-corona-calling-for-resilience/).
I read some interesting articles on the latter topic this week which I am sharing with you as readings as well:
- in German: how there is a different, positive view on the crisis (https://www.forum-csr.net/News/14408/ESKNNTESEIN.html)
- in German: how nature fights humanity with the virus and what soccer players think about it (https://blog.wwf.de/corona-natur-wehrt-sich/)
- in German: corona virus, globalisation and nature (https://www.forum-csr.net/News/14446/WeckrufzumberdenkenderGlobalisierung.html)
- in English: about nature and corona virus (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/coronavirus-nature-is-sending-us-a-message-says-un-environment-chief)
- in English: how degrowth is (not) related to the virus (https://www.degrowth.info/en/2020/03/a-degrowth-perspective-on-the-coronavirus-crisis/)
- in German: why you should not spend too much time online, especially streaming, while being at home (https://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/webwelt/article206663861/Netflix-Der-Stream-dieser-Serie-ist-so-schaedlich-wie-57-000-Autofahrer.html and as video: https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/heute-plus/gv-co2-internet-100.html)
Use the time for survival and safety as needed, but also for contemplation, engagement and especially low carbon (offline) time: books, games, individual sports, meditation, drawing, talking, dreaming, making music, …
Maybe something great will blossom in this way.